Thursday, April 9, 2009

5 minutes of Chocolate Heaven?

So, a friend sent me this recipe for a 5 minute chocolate cake. A 5 minute cake that is just for one person made in the microwave and a coffee cup! I haven't tried it out yet, so if you decide to check it out, let me know how it tastes! This could be bad if it is delicious :)

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg 3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract 1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

2 comments:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

O.K., so leave it up to the Friesen's to try some new food :) It did work...however, next time, I probably won't microwave it so long. Also, I didn't quite have enough chocolate chips (I'm not sure how I didn't even have 3 Tbsp.), and the chocolate chips are DEFINITELY needed because otherwise, it's a bit dry and heavy. It would be a great thing with ice cream. So, Marc and I are thinking that if we ever want some ice cream, we could just buy that. Then, I wouldn't have to bake a whole cake. I can just make a mug cake in a microwave. Thanks for the idea! Also, do put a plate underneath the mug in the microwave. Fortunately, I thought of that ahead of time, and I'm glad I did.

Allen and Debby Graber said...

I so know the girl who will want that recipe! Her name starts with a "j" and she happens to be my daughter! She is a chocoholic!
Debby