Monday, April 27, 2009

Houston or Bust!

So, Collin and I are taking a much needed vacation and heading to Houston on Saturday morning! My mom is graciously driving down to get Ava & then we are FREE from parenthood responsibilities until the following Friday! A WHOLE week! How are we going to handle ourselves? I think we'll figure out plenty of ways, but we plan to visit the Space Center (Collin has always wanted to go there and is so excited!), Kemah Boardwalk, visit Galveston's beach, and of course who couldn't throw in shopping downtown and IKEA? I am VERY excited about that one because i have NEVER been and hear so many good things! I may be more excited about that then the Space Center...

So, anyways-let's just say we're very excited! Not neccisarily excited about the LONG drive (our GPS says 9 1/2 hours), but excited that we get to spend time alone together without having to chase down and listen to the constant jabber of a 3 year old :) We'll miss Ava, but not that much! I'm allowed to say that, right?

I will have plenty of blogging to do when we get back, so stay tuned...

4 comments:

Courtney e said...

IKEA and Kemah are definitely my favorite parts of the Houston area, oh and my niece and nephew... :) The drive isn't horrible, driving through Dallas and Houston are the worst parts... watch out for Houston drivers, they're a bit terrifying!!! HAVE FUN!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

I have always wanted to go to IKEA too. Wish they'd build one in Kansas City! Have FUN on your vacation!!
Debby

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

What a nice little break.

Have fun!!

Rachel said...

ooo! I think I'm a little jealous! What a long vacation...and just the two of you! I've never been to IKEA either. Take lots of pictures for me! Sounds like such a fun trip. Have a great time!