Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tough Stuff.

Ava has been asking some tough questions lately; however, they shouldn't be tough when explaining to a 3 year old, right? Here are some of her questions:

Why Can't I go to Heaven?
Why Did Cora go to Heaven?
If Cora can go to Heaven, then why won't you let me?
Where is Heaven?
Do you have to drive a car a long ways to get there?
I think I can go to Heaven in 4 weeks, right?
Why did Jesus get owies on his hands?
Why did God die?
Mommy, why did your daddy die?
Was I little like you too when he died?

AND THEN we totally switch subjects...

What do you cut when the baby is born mommy?
Does it hurt to push a baby out of your pee-pee? (sorry, had to add that in there! She knows too much!!)
What kind of medicine do they give you? Do you measure it in a cup?
Why do you only have one baby in your tummy-that lady on TV had ALOT!


Oh my is my little girl growing up! Tonight when she was asking about Heaven, I could have totally lost it, but i didn't. She was so serious and really wanted to know. It made me really think though. Am I giving her enough information? Is she seeing Jesus in me day to day? How will i know when she is ready to pray that special prayer? I asked her why she had so many questions today and where her mind was sparked. she simply said 'Sunday School!' I smiled and my heart filled with joy and i became (not that i already wasn't)so grateful for the Sunday School leaders and staff at GCC. What an influence her teachers have been on her! I love seeing Ava excited about learning Bible stories and asking questions, but it brings up the question today if i am teaching her everything she needs to know.
I am curious to know for those of you who have had young children accept Christ or are in the process of explaining to them salvation-what are your words of wisdom?

1 comment:

Kendall Smith said...

Good questions! But hard. I know, when Ollie starts asking too, it's so hard to know what they understand and what they don't. Those teachers at Grace are AWESOME aren't they? So wonderful to have them!!!