Friday, June 14, 2013

Can I be Honest?

Can I be honest? I wasn't really looking forward to this summer. My first thought everyday as school neared the end was 'I'm going to have ALL 3 home...everyday...until August...'. Shame on me, right? I had a negative attitude. I wasn't looking for the joy in being able to stay home with my kids. I was forgetting the blessing that it was and I felt bad...ashamed...and then started feeling sorry for myself. AND THEN God kicked me in the pants. I started reading/studying the book 'Unglued' by Lysa Terkeurst with a group of ladies and was convicted. So many days i was becoming 'unglued'...not always outwardly, but inside. My heart wasn't right and i wasn't being a blessing to my children. So, what to do? The thing i always FORGET to do: PRAY. With prayer my heart and attitude have been changing AND these two below are starting to like their mom again ;)
Have you heard the song 'Human' by Natalie Grant? If you havn't you should. It makes me realize i need God's grace everyday whether i'm 'unglued' or not.

No comments: