Monday, March 30, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
*no extra kids besides my own
*sleeping in with Ava until 9:30 (yay!)
*Not eating breakfast until 10am
*watching Price Is Right without interruption
*doing absolutly no house work, no cleaning, dishes, etc. (bad, huh?)
*It's too cold to go outside
*oh yeah-and staying in our PJ's until 12!
This is definatly a Favorite Friday!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Saturday, March 21, 2009
To make a long story short, i was just thinking about how much God protects our children. Yet, in life things do happen that are out of our control. No matter what pain He brings to parents or their children, God is in control and knows what's best. Its hard for me to see the good in that, but I'm seeing it more and more lately. I praise God now when Ava doesn't get hurt. I thank Him that 3 year olds have such limber bodies because if it was me falling down the stairs-well, that would be another story! I am learning to give Ava to God, even when it is so hard to do. Ultimately God knows best. I pray that God keeps revealing that to me.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
...and to help fix that swinging urge, we bought her a trapeze bar for her swingset.
I must say it was a BIG hit. She is flipping all of the time now.
Too bad its not just on her trapeze bar, but on the railing, doorknobs, chairs, legs, couch, etc. You name it and she'll make a flipper out of it-thanks to gymnastics :)
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Last night our small group volunteered at the Homeless Shelter. The Fraisers & us had the 5-10pm shift and the Friesens and Jordans took the 10-8am shift. I would have to say that serving there was not the most comfortable thing for me to do, but i knew it was important we do it! Sometimes I get too comfortable with life and forget about that those who are not as comfortable and who need to be showed love and compassion. We helped provide, set up, and serve supper to about 10 residents, who for the most part were quite friendly. We enjoyed the evening with eating, movies and games. We brought Ava along and boy did she make herself at home! I looked at her and thought 'why can't i be that outgoing and comfortable in my surroundings' and then i reminded myself i was not three. Oh how i wish i had the spontinatety of a three year old sometimes.
Being in the homeless shelter reminded me of what some of my favorite things are and how to be more thankful:
1) Thankful for my relationship with Jesus and that i grew up in a Christian home. As i looked around the room last night i wondered how many of the men knew Christ.
2) Thankful for my wonderful husband and daughter. I think about how many families who go through divorce, abuse, neglect and become SO thankful for my family.
3)Thankful for our home. We are so blessed to have a furnished roof over our head. I can't imagine not knowing where I would sleep the next night or where my next meal would come from.
4) Thankful for friends. Some of the residents last night looked lonely. There were several that seemed to perk up with conversation when we were there. It makes me sad to think that they don't have family or friends to stay with.
So, all in all one of my favorite things is being THANKFUL. God has given me so many GREAT things in my life. It took a visit to the homeless shelter last night to renew that thankfulness in my heart and to be appreciative for everything we have.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
1) Collin & I are watching a movie. We assume Ava has been sleeping for over and hour. We hear noise. I come upstairs. Ava is coloring at our table. She says "I just wanted to color mama."
2) We wake up in the middle of the night one night-Collin almost stumbles over Ava, who has dragged her entire beddings to the base of our bed and is fast asleep. How uncomfortable!
3) Today i walk downstairs and Ava is licking the TV characters on her Dora Game
There were a few more but i can't remember them right now! I guess i'll save those for another post. Ava definatly keeps life interesting.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
Friday, March 6, 2009
My favorite Movie of all time is Patch Adams.