Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bumps in the Night...

We woke up last night to a LOUD thud that kept rolling and rolling and then a horrific cry! It scared us half to death. At first we thought in our sleepy state that Ava had fell out of her bed and then we realized that she had fell down the stairs! In the middle of the night! I held Ava for a little bit until she calmed down-i think she was more scared than hurt. Still, i watched her for a bit in bed to make sure she was OK. With the stories about concussions lately-i wanted my baby to be safe! We asked her the next morning why she was heading down the stairs. I guess she was confused and thought daddy was down there like he is before work during the week.
To make a long story short, i was just thinking about how much God protects our children. Yet, in life things do happen that are out of our control. No matter what pain He brings to parents or their children, God is in control and knows what's best. Its hard for me to see the good in that, but I'm seeing it more and more lately. I praise God now when Ava doesn't get hurt. I thank Him that 3 year olds have such limber bodies because if it was me falling down the stairs-well, that would be another story! I am learning to give Ava to God, even when it is so hard to do. Ultimately God knows best. I pray that God keeps revealing that to me.

3 comments:

Allen and Debby Graber said...

Goodness! You may need to put up a gate at the top of the stairs! I was always falling down the stairs when I was a kid and those floors were wooden ones. Ouch! I can still remember the pain. I was such a klutz. My dad finally put up a hand rail and made me hold on to it when I walked down the stairs. Of course we loved using an army blanket and sliding down those stairs too. What fun that was! Glad Ava wasn't hurt. It really is amazing how much resiliancy kids have!
Debby

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Oh how scary! Poor little thing!

My son did have a concussion when he was 2 and it was really scary.

Rachel said...

Poor little Ava! I hope that doesn't happen again! So...I saw your comment about the kite picture. I have no idea what filters are, but I'm sure it would look really neat. I wish I new more about photography! I think you should let me in on some of your secrets!