Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Our Cruise! Day #1...At Sea...

On Saturday we loaded up our stuff, grabbed a Taxi and headed to our dock! I have to say the whole process of checking in, etc was a breeze. So super organized, which I'm guessing they have to be with 2,000 guests and 800+ staff aboard. My first thought 'ALL of these people are going to be on the same boat?' BUT its amazing how there are 2,000 people and you don't even know it! AND it was crazy how we ran into the same people again and again. I guess its an even smaller world when you are stuck on a boat together :) We boarded at 11am on Saturday, but left the port until around 5pm...that left us plenty of time to just wander...the first day i felt like we were going in circles. We would be on one side of the boat and realize we were on the wrong floor...make it to the right floor and be on the wrong side of the boat. We did A LOT of walking that first day. There were 13 floors. That's kind of crazy for a boat. Just wait until you see the monster boat that was following a day behind us (but that's for another post). Enjoy.


We took a lot of 'selfies'...yes, we used that word a lot and I'm NOT proud of it. I told Collin what happens on the boat, stays on the boat. So, we haven't used that word since ;)



The outdoor pool....

...the indoor pool


...Maybe just ignore the next pictures. I was trying so hard to look 'afraid.' Apparently I can't pull that off. haha.






...Mississippi bridge...

...our teeny tiny room. I totally forgot to take a pic of the teeny tiny bathroom...but believe me, it was tiny.

...the boat is finally moving! It was a tad windy that day...



...the shows on board were AMAZING and probably my favorite thing...


....Well, my second favorite thing...FOOD was my favorite. In this picture i was brave and ordered SNAIL! yes-i said snail. And you know what? It was actually good!


...first formal wear night...they handed us free wine. I drank a few sips and almost tipped over (did i mention i was sea sick the first two days? we were going through a wind storm...60 mile and hour winds...NOT fun.)


....Love returning to our room to find our cute animal friends!


Breakfast on the deck getting ready to port at Jamaica....BUT that's another post...
STAY TUNED!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

yay! so fun to see your cruise!!! 60 mph doesn't sound fun! One night we were at a show and I got up and went and threw up - it was quite rough that night! can't wait to see more pictures! So what did you think overall of the cruise...love it!?!?

The Sieberts said...

Amanda-still trying to decide if I'm a 'boat' person BUT yes, it was fun!