Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day Everyone!
It was definatly a happy one for us!
We decided to have a family day in Wichita.
We started the morning off by meeting my friend Lori G. at Eastbourough Park to take Riley's 6 month pictures. He did so good and was such a trooper. Thanks Lori for letting me capture his sweet face! I told Lori i wouldn't post any pics of him until she is able to look at them, so stay tuned for a Riley blog post :)
After pictures, we headed over to Village Inn for a late breakfast. Ava and I shared Strawberry Crepes-yum!!! I think she ate more than me-which is unusual because i've been such a pig since being pregnant ;)
After brunch, we told Ava we were going to a 'suprise' place. When we pulled up at All Star Sports, she was so excited! We decided on a family fun game of mini-
golf. Not one of us was very good, but we just had SO MUCH FUN watching Ava have a blast. Its fun to see her try new things. Of course after we played golf, we had to check out all of the cool arcade games inside. We tricked Ava into believing she was actually playing. I have a feeling once Ava starts reading we won't be able to pull that one for too much longer!
After All Star we hit Starbucks! This was only because i have a giftcard from my birthday-thanks mom! A Grande iced Caramel Macchiato with cool whip on top-YUMMMOOOO!!!
Our last stops were at World Market where i purchased a very cute BIG decorative bowl. I scored that purchase off of the 50% isle for $5. Then we hit Target and browsed.
What was fun about today was that we didn't really have a schedule or specific things we needed to do-we just had fun being together! Sorry for no pictures-i did realize that i had my camera in the car the whole time and there was no excuse for a photo-less blog!
Hope you all had a restful Memorial Day!

No comments: