Thursday, May 14, 2009

Where do...

Babies come from?
Ava and I had a good discussion this morning. A very simple discussion since she's 3, but good none the less. She's been on this kick that she has a baby sister in her tummy and I have a baby brother in mine. Today she asked me why her tummy wasn't getting bigger yet? How do you explain that? I told her that you have to be big like mommy to have a baby. Of course there was the 'why' question. So i said, 'and you need a daddy to love you so that baby will grow.' And then the ultimate question: Where do babies come from mommy? I finally just ended with 'from God'. That answer seemed to satisfy her, so that was the end of that. Until next time that is...
I would love to hear if any of your kids have asked these questions and how you responded :)

3 comments:

amandalarsen said...

way to give her the "truth" andrea

Amy said...

Lawson has been telling me that he knows how the doctor will get the baby out of my tummy... they will cut open my tummy. Hmm... yes, sometimes, but probably not for me. So far I've avoided agreeing or disagreeing with him. Not quite sure that at 3, he's ready to hear the real story. :) (or that I'm ready to tell him!)

Anonymous said...

It goes without saying...
babies come from CHINA!

;)

Maybe that would work for Ava for a few more years...