Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Rub-a-dub-dub. Preschool in the TUB!

So, who needs to pay for preschool when you can have your own fun reading class in the bathtub? Well...for now anyways! My mom bought Ava some bath alphabet letters and Ava LOVES them! She always wants me to help her spell words. She picks the word. Then i say each letter and she has to find it and stick it on the wall. Then we go over each letter and she has to tell me repeatedly what the word says. I'm not a drill sargent, really. She just love learning! Plus their minds at this age are like honey (not literally of course!) everything sticks to it! Belows are some silly pictures of Ava just being Ava. She was showing me her different expressions. One is a 'pig face' and another is a 'surprised face'! See how much we learn in the tub!
RUB A DUB DUB!






Below is a video of Ava spelling for us. She does a great job until she decides that the 'P' word is too much fun. What is the 'P' word? You'll just have to watch and see. I think its quite funny. What a character.

5 comments:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

You'd think she's been around Marc for that comment :) Just wait until little Luker learns words like that. Perhaps he'll learn it from Ava :)

Kendall Smith said...

Wow Ava!! You'll be so ready for preschool! Is that this fall already????

The Sieberts said...

ummm. if we do preschool at all it will only be one year. i'm thinking about just teaching her myself. i've already made so much progress, right? :)

Allen and Debby Graber said...

Yay, Ava! what a big girl you are!!
Allen and Debby

Aaron and Shannon said...

Uhh...coming from a Kindergarten teacher...I'm just kidding! I have a student that can't even do what she's doing!! Yeah for Ava!